Thursday 31 January 2013

After a great interview this morning I have now got a job working with Learning Disabled people in this case folk who are autistic. There is some training to be done, courses to be completed online which I can do with my voice recognition and I got the job as the man said "because of your values". God bless the interviewers and I did not know whether to laugh or cry when I found out because I was convinced I was not going to get a job ever. But, I am pretty good at forgetting about the flak and getting on target and that is what I did with a lot of goodwill to the other candidate, who I thought was excellent I might add, who also got a job. Ubu "you be you" are quite an enlightened company and I thought I would just be working as a relief worker but I am doing 20 hours for a little while, while the men get used to me and then I will be full-time. God bless all of my friends and family who inspire me so much to keep my act together and move forward.

From this point on I am giving up music and concentrating on working with the Learning Disabled which is where I started out on my life's path to becoming a better human being in 1982 at York in Juniper Communities. It was Joe James who told me about Juniper Communities way back then and I went there and it sort of changed my life. Thanks Joe and I love you man.

No comments:

Post a Comment