Tuesday 19 April 2011

Yesterday Fo and I had a nice 8 mile walk around York, a warm up really for when we go into the Lake District this week. The lads were wasted with colds so looking half dead and making minor protests we let them stay at home for the day . I say let them stay it was nice to be out and about with my wife without the doggies for once! Monday morning York was quiet, sleepy and the early morning haze added to the ambience . Fo enjoyed having a good look at the flowers and plants as we walked around and we had a good birdwatching session at the Uni lake, Derwent College end , where a young heron was trying to feed in the reeds but kept on being chased off by the Greylag and Barnacle geese. Still , it allowed us to have a good look very close up at a magnificent animal . It was interesting how it kept looking down trying to find a spot but when we left 20 minutes later it was still high in the tree and eventually flew off . A nice day out but I got back to late to get to the rehearsal / gig at Butterknowle! I will bare my back for getting whipped this Sunday! Bad dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment